Passionate about sport and keen to study a sport degree that can lead to a career in teaching? This exciting new course is for you.
- Develop both practical and academic skills relating to sport coaching, teaching and education
- Gain the knowledge you need to progress to teacher training opportunities such as a PGCE
- Build practical experience by working with sports clubs, schools and/or community groups
- Make the most the facilities within our exceptional sports centre
- Be inspired by our enthusiastic and expert staff who boast a wealth of professional experience in the sport and educational arenas
Our course combines both the art and science of sport and education. It is specially designed for students who have an interest in sport coaching as a form of education.
Broaden your perspectives
While traditional sport coaching degrees focus mainly on the physical training of athletes, this new course takes an interdisciplinary perspective and explores the broader relationships between the disciplines of sport and education.
Our approach is to look at the importance of the sport coach as an educator. You'll gain an insight into the principles of learning and how they can be applied in both teaching and coaching practice within a range of different educational settings. We offer you a thorough grounding in contemporary theory, drawing on disciplines such as educational psychology and human development. This gives you an excellent head start if you want to progress to teacher training.
Real world experience
We have devised this course in consultation with key stakeholders from both the sports industry and the education sector so that it matches employers