CQUniversity Australia has become one of the fastest growing universities in Australia with a vast footprint spanning Australia’s east to west coast. Our belief that higher education should be accessible to everyone has seen us become known as one of Australia’s most accessible and engaged universities and our graduates are some of the most sought-after in Australia.
CQUniversity is a youthful, entrepreneurial and committed University providing quality education, ground-breaking research, collaborative social innovation and endless opportunities for students from all over the world to achieve your academic and career aspirations. We are a leading distance education provider offering the opportunity to study courses online, on campus or a combination of both.
Why choose CQUniversity
* Top 600 universities worldwide and top 500 for graduate employability (QS World University Rankings 2021, QS World University Rankings: Graduate Employment Rankings 2020).
* Top 400 for subject areas in engineering, technology and education, top 500 for subject areas in business and economics, and top 600 in social sciences (Times Higher Education Subject Rankings 2020)
* Five stars in student support, skills development and social equity (The Good Universities Guide 2020)
* Five stars in employability, internationalisation and teaching (QS Stars Rating System 2019)
* Outperformed many other Australian universities in student support, teaching quality, learning resources, skills development and educational experience (ComparED 2020)
* Rated at, above and well above world standards in 22 research categories (Excellence for Research in Australia 2018-19)
* Top 200 globally in the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals across three broad areas: research, outreach and stewardship (Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings 2020)
* Above sector average in student satisfaction results across arrival experience, support services, learning experience and living experience (International Student Barometer)
* Australia’s first and only Ashoka U social innovation Changemaker Campus
CQUniversity has campuses located in metropolitan cities ranked among the best for students and regional centres that are gateways to some of the world’s most spectacular landmarks.
We have 13 campuses for international students:
* Mackay (City and Ooralea)
* Rockhampton (City and North – main campus)
CQUniversity offers over 100 courses at vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These courses have been developed alongside industry and are regularly reviewed by experts to ensure they stay fresh and relevant.
Many of these courses are available in a non-compulsory Term 3, so you can fast track your study and get into the workforce sooner. A large number (approximately 80%) of our courses are available online allowing you to complete your study in your home country at your own pace.
Start Uni Now (SUN) allows high school students to commence online study in the final years to prepare for the transition to university to gain an insight into university life, understand the expectations of studying at a tertiary level and get a head start with your future career.
Our courses are offered through 14 study areas:
* Allied Health
* Business and Accounting
* Creative and Performing Arts
* Digital Media, Communications and Arts
* Education and Teaching
* Engineering, Built Environment and Aviation
* English and Study Pathways
* Information Systems and Technology
* Nursing, Paramedicine and Health
* Psychology and Social Work
* Safety Science
* Science, Environment and Agriculture
* Service Industries
Internships and Placements
CQUniversity offers many opportunities to gain practical, real-world experience and build connections with prospective employees through paid and non-paid work placements, volunteering and unique internships in a selected number of accounting, business, engineering, IT and management courses.
These unique internships are embedded in your course at no extra cost and run for 10–12 weeks. An internship does not extend the duration of your course and is found for you by CQUniversity and our internship partners.
CQUniversity offers various courses including English language, certificates and diplomas that can be studied as pathways for entry to our undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Other available pathway options include recognition of prior learning (RPL) credits and articulation arrangements.
CQUniversity has in-country representatives in China, India and Indonesia, and partners with an extensive network of authorised agents all over the world. In 2020, we opened the first ever Australian university centre in Jakarta, Indonesia, focusing on business, law, governance and business ethics, and English language, with more courses to come.
Our CQUGlobal mobility programs have reciprocal arrangements with over 60 reputable institutions worldwide allowing you to study part of your degree overseas and vice-versa to gain a truly global experience, study credits and life-long skills.
CQUniversity offers a range of scholarships and funding to make quality education accessible to all. Every year we provide approximately A$24 million to support international students to reach your full potential and build on your education aspiration.
The International Student Scholarships are available to all future vocational, research, full degree and packaged academic students at any CQUniversity campus. The scholarships reward successful applicants with a 25 per cent reduction in tuition fees for the study duration, provided all terms and conditions are met.
Facilities and Services
CQUniversity offers some of the best facilities in Australia:
* nine world-class research centres and institutes
* modern teaching spaces, labs, libraries and recreational facilities
* onsite training facilities include an engineering precinct, sports precinct, allied health clinic, aviation hub, music conservatorium and training restaurants
* multi-faith prayer and worship spaces
* off-campus student accommodation in Brisbane provided by our partner, StudentOne
* on-campus student college residences in Mackay and Rockhampton with 24 hours assistance and security, free Wi-Fi and laundry facilities, gym and sport facilities, organised activities and events, free weekly bus trips to shopping centres; plus included meals (Rockhampton)
CQUniversity provides extensive student support services including:
* academic advice through the Academic Learning Centre
* after-hours free, online support through Studiosity
* Moodle learning management system and student portal
* career counselling services and access to CQUni Careers, Careers Connection and CareerHub
* personal welfare and disability support, and referrals to specialist services
* Campus Life Committee, social clubs and societies, events and campus Facebook groups
* comprehensive orientation and enrolment
* Student Arrivals Officers at Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney campuses
* student mentors and leadership programs
* accommodation advice and assistance
CQUniversity has an alumni network of over 100 000 located all over the world. Each of our alumni is making a positive impact in their local communities and around the globe, becoming part of the next generation of world leaders.
Our distinguished alumni cohort includes national and international leaders across business, arts, hospitality, community, government, education and research, and health sectors.
CRICOS / RTO Codes: 00219C / 40939