In today's uncertain environment, many young people struggle to find their identity, understand their environment, and chart their course. Priorities are difficult to establish and choices are not easy to make when confronted with the complexity, instability and ongoing change of contemporary life. The Programme aims to significantly enhance the educational experience of students while better preparing them to deal with the world around them. The focus here is on developing students' entrepreneurial mindset and their ability to cultivate critical skills to think and act in more creative, innovative, opportunistic and proactive ways. The ultimate objective of the Programme is to equip students with the ability to be critical thinkers with a keen sense of recognizing, generating, and pursuing business opportunities in creative, innovative and effective ways.
The specific objectives of the programme are:
- to apply diverse concepts of business and society and to develop creative capacities that are essential to initiate, build, and grow business ventures;
- to nurture entrepreneurial spirit and competencies by applying business-related knowledge and skills to develop and implement innovative ideas required for sustaining and growing organizational and new business undertakings;
- to integrate and apply analytical, risk assessment, and problem-solving skills acquired from varied disciplines to initiate entrepreneurial ventures for solving diverse real-life problems;
- to equip students with innovative information system skills; effective oral and written communication and presentation skills, both in Chinese and English; and interpersonal skills required for promoting entrepreneurial activities;
- to provide practical knowledge and extensive awareness of being socially responsible while maintaining ethical principles essential in creating, managing, and growing sustainable business ventures; and
- to utilize innovation and creativity skills in exploring and undertaking entrepreneurial initiatives for self-motivated personal development and independent lifelong learning.
The Programme's curriculum design and course contents allow students to immerse in real-world business situations through in class learning and outside of class experiential activities. Students will be able to synthesize the knowledge and skill-set acquired in the areas of entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, product innovation, operations, and management. Since the major required and major elective courses emphasize creativity, innovation, and risk assessment, the concepts learned through case studies, simulations, structured discussions, guest lectures, field trips, and internships will enable students to actually undertake viable small business projects upon completing their business plans.