Our course helps you understand the evolving field of conflict resolution, exploring the causes and effects of destructive conflict across the world, and scrutinising the theory and practice of how it can be managed peacefully. You don’t need a statistical background to study this course – we’ll introduce you to research methods and teach you how use them throughout your studies. Our MSc Conflict Resolution is ideal if you have a statistical background and want to learn advanced quantitative skills.
We provide you with a framework for understanding conflict resolution in inter- and intra-state issues, focusing on topics including:
- Mediation, negotiation, and collaborative problem solving
- Using conflict data sets and drawing geographical maps
- International development and human rights
- International relations and security studies
- Global and comparative politics